Thursday, July 06, 2006

CHANGE...Does it have to happen?
I have a dear friend that I have had the privilege to get to know. He told me recently that he is leaving the company that we work for and it has left me feeling oddly blue. Not really depressed. I cant describe it...Just blue. He is an amazing man with many talents. We have often traveled for work together and I love his many stories. I say all of this because it has made me think of changes in life. Are they fair? I know we are supposed to want to grow in life, but I like somethings to stay constant. Of course this can not be. I will miss you AJ and I hope You & Rob are happy there in Nashville.

This turn of events along with others have made me look inwards to see things in my life that have changed over the years...Especially in the most recent. I have come out of the closet, started a new job, moved to a new place, made some amazing friends, have traveled the country, ended relationships that were toxic...And so on. But why in the midst of all these changes, have I felt anxious and depressed. I would be the first to admit that I enjoy things "as they are" not really wanting to rock the boat. I would like to think that I have a good head on my shoulders but when changes happen I get in this reflective mood that's hard to get out of. I know when this happens, I look at myself, and see what's out of balance and try to make adjustments. The truth is, that with out change life would be incredibly boring. Granted, some consistency is necessary for some level of sanity. Of course that is if your sane to begin with (some of you out there might have a couple of opinions on that fact and you can keep them to yourself) LOL.

I say all of this to let myself know that change isn't always bad and good can come from it. Growth happens during the strangest times in life...Looking back can let you see where you have come from and where you are going. Change...Is it fair? Not always. But it does make as grow. And of course..."That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had to do alot of learning in this move. Because there are two of us involved, I can't be too selfish. I remember being told by the great Alice Roufa..."Change, my dear, is the ONLY constant." Thank you for your kind wishes...oh, and I set down with all the folks in Nashville for the 346 position. Wish me luck...who knows, you may get to come to Nashville to open my store in September!!! Keep your fingers crossed. xoxo, a.j. and rob