Wednesday, July 12, 2006

i carry your heart with me


i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings

This poem was in a movie I watched tonight. Didnt really love the movie...it was good but really not the point. The part that got me was this poem by E.E. Cummings. I am in a weird place today. Emotionally speaking. I am not sure if its loneliness, longing, heartbreak, or...frankly...horniness (is that a word)...but I want to feel this about another man. I want to have that loving feeling again. I want that passion that I carry in my heart. One that knows no limit. Has no boundaries. Rewrites the books on love. I realize that this feeling that I am having is beyond words, but Cummings poem says it for me. I have to know this feeling before life is over. I thought I had it, but I did not. I am speaking of a love from a ways back. There was a man I gave my heart to, but it was not my time yet. He didnt feel the love I did and my heart has not been the same. My love for him has passed, do not get confused, I just want a love that tells a story. One that rewrites the books. A love that knows no boundaries. One that has no limits. A love... i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
YES...it is my turn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my dear friend, the words you write are beautiful and tragic. may you find some peace. look to yourself for that love first, though. others have already noticed, you just don't know it, yet. love ya....oh, we are in nashvegas finally. i will blog about the move soon. xoxo