Monday, July 17, 2006

It's Time To Blow Out The Candles!

OK...Its almost the end of July. That's the time this "spring chicken" becomes a rooster. Cocka-doodle-doo!!! Yes, its time for my birthday. July 30th. I have to tell you, IM kinda lookin forward to it. Well, as much as I can. I have been in a bit of a funk lately and I see the silver lining. Yippee! I am not sure what happened, all I know is things are looking brighter. Sleep could have a factor. I finally got some. Not to mention I haven't really had any "me" time and that's always important, for me at least. To do some devotion and meditation; makes me a balanced person. I was doing some reflecting last night...Scary I know...But I actually have it pretty good. Yes, IM not where I thought I would be at this age. SO WHAT!!! I have a great deal to be thankful for. I have a job I enjoy. I have my health. Great friends. Place to live. Odds and ends that are necessary for day to day stuff. So, Its all good! Life is good. My biggest problem is that I am way to hard on myself. Critical is a better choice of words. I should remind myself more often that I do not have to have it all figured out! Getting the answers to life's questions is what living life is all about. So for now on its a day at a time. I will not get upset that IM turning another year older. I will embrace all the aspects of life, even the ones IM not real happy with. I will be grateful for all things...Even being single (no laughter please). Its a new year! Yes...Its my turn!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

So ... how old are you going to be?

Anonymous said...

Honey, I'm right there with ya. I officially hit "middle age" on the 11th. Not my best moment, I assure you. Happy "early" Birthday. xoxo