Sunday, October 01, 2006

WHAT A WEEK...


Ok, so I was traveling last week with my job. Ususally it's a great deal of fun and I love to see all my friends that I have in the company. We "WORK HARD AND PLAY HARDER!" I dont think a day went by that drinks werent being poured and one of us had too many. That is saying alot if you new how conservative people thought our company was.
ANYWAY
I guess my friend Jason and I were a little to intimidating to the others because mid-week we both started getting stares. At first, I could care less. I generally dont care what people think of me, but for some reason by day 3 I was ready to Kick some Ass! I blame this aggression on the previous post's subject and my new found love of the UFC...
(Back to the story)
Well it was day 3 and I guess someone had complained that we (Jason & I) were being a little to cliquish and decided to goto our boss about it. Well, again, I dont care about others opinions but it just so happens that TODAY, I CARED!!! And the lovely boss I have (sorry AJ) decided that it would be smart for the two of us to be separated at dinner so that the others wouldnt feel left out. Keep in mind that we are all adults here. NO children, so to speak. And Jason is a guy that I have known for close to 5 years and we have always gotten along well. The whole thing just pissed me off and I ended up getting moved to the end of the table where all the people that had been giving me dirty looks all week were seated. Lets just say that I was pissed! When I sat down one of them told me, "Dont worry Jim, We dont bite and I think you will be safe."
I swear I almost punched him accross the table. Trying to belittle me with His attitude and trying to say that he was the "top dog" at that end of the table. I tell you I almost hit him for real. I dont do violence but I got to be honest I could have easily taken him out and not given a rats ass.

Besides all of the "trivial" things that happened during the week I really enjoyed myself. Talked to old friends that I hear on the phone all of the time but rarely get to see. So, It was good.
Im dog-ass tired and I have spent most of today sleeping. But thats OK, tomorrow is just around the corner..."another day another dollar", right?
Have a great Monday, & Until Next Time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to be surrounded by other visual people...my last two projects were solo! I did have Mark J. in GA...he is a doll...but, most of the time we were in different stores. Please tell everyone "hello" for me when you see them next time. You do have a great "boss" and don't worry about all those assholes out there who think they are the gods' answer to "Visual Gurus"...everyone knows that OUR group is the best...take care, have to call you soon about the visits to my store while I was in Palm Beach...OMG. hugs to all...