Sunday, January 28, 2007

DEAR SO-N-SO...


I wanted to take some time to write you and let you know that I appreciated the time we spent together. It was good getting to know you and I had a great deal of fun on our dates. Yes, we were completely different but I thought that was a balance; Something that would make a good relationship. I also realize that we were in completely two different tax brackets, but I never asked you to pay for a thing. In fact I often paid for the both of us. You were a nice guy that was very quiet at times, BTW, that makes me nervous and I tend to not talk then...Just so you know. I thought you had the prettiest eyes. The color was rich and beautiful. I could have gotten lost in those eyes.
I have just one question for you though...What the hell happened? Why did you feel it was ok to just disappear? Like we never even met. Even if you found someone else, and things really clicked, grow a set and tell me about it. This silent treatment is really immature...I expected more from you due to the fact that your last partner of 7 yrs acted immaturely as well. It was the reason you broke up if I recall.
Well let me just tell you this...I am mad as hell right now. No actually, hurt, would be a better word to use. I thought we had something pretty good going on. I guess I was wrong.
I will take the high road. When I see you out and about town, I will smile. Nod. Maybe even wave. My head will be held high. My mind will be thinking how sad I am for you. You, my dear man, let a good thing go. It is your lose and I hope that the way you ended things so abruptly with me never happens to you. Because, just so you know, it sucks to treat someone with so little respect.
Have a nice life, so-n-so and I wish you well.
Jim

ps. This is what's on my mind right now. It is a letter to the guy that felt the need to end things between us w/o even letting me know. Yes, I could call him one more time to say WTF...But a guy has to keep a bit of his pride intact.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Yeah, apparently that's what guys do. They just get tired of you and stop calling. Didn't you know that?

Doug said...

That's fucked up. You'd think if someone else did it to him that he'd learn to not do it to others.

I'm sorry he didn't learn that lesson.