Thursday, January 04, 2007

GLAD TO BE HOME!!!


Boy, I tell ya! There is something about coming home after a really long week of work in another city. The week following Christmas until January 2, I have been in the great city of Dallas. I do love the city, but usually I am there with friends and not co-workers. Don't get me wrong, I have some amazing friends with work. Great people actually. Its just that being away on a Holiday, away from family and friends is not something that is easy to do. I am a really independent person but I realized over the week that I need to be near my family and friends during a Holiday like Christmas and New Years. I don't necessarily have to see them everyday, but it would be nice to be in the same city.
It was also tough to be away with out my own car. Like I said, I love my independence...Me + No Car=Very Un-happy!!! I've always known that I was a stubborn son of a gun, but put me in a hotel that is a little on the crappy side and take away my car...Well, lets just say I wasn't in the best of moods!
To top everything off...My crazy boss was in full swing! She recently quit smoking and boy was she a royal bitch! She and I went around 'n round several times and I am really rethinking my career. I had asked her since we finished 2, yes 2 days early if I could fly home and be with my family and friends early too! She got this crazed look in her eyes and started saying things like..."No way, we have things to do. What makes you think that you are so special!" Nice right? Well, the things that we had to do for the next 2 days was a complete joke! I stood around for nearly 5 hours straightening a stack of chinos. Then I got to help organize some signs that took me close to 30minutes to do! The longer I stood there the madder I got! These projects could have easily been passed off to the store team which would have allowed all of us to go home early.
I am real glad to be HOME!!!
Did I mention that on New Years Eve I made out with one of my co-workers from corporate? Yes, yours truly had way to much to drink that night...And well...When the clock struck 12 midnight the 2 of us just went at it! Nice. I felt like a moron! Not to mention the "drunk dialing" that took place that night also. The guy I just started dating was the recipient of one of these calls. It was around 1:30 am and unfortunately he was asleep. Another great moment! He called me the next day and we laughed about it, but I just felt stupid.
Oh well. Life goes on. Did I mention that "I am glad to be home?"
Until Next Time...

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Go you! Making out with co-workers. (Careful there -- make sure you both are on the same page with that one.)

Happy New Year!

Doug said...

Bosses suck ass, and not in the good way. Bitchy bosses should just be shot.

Glad it's over and you're home again. Did your corporate makeout buddy have a private office? *wink wink*

Hearthhusband said...

That's my boy!!! never a dull moment with you, I swear. Anyway, I did think of you, glad you're home. Think of me next week, I will be in Virginia Beach with Mark and Thomas and Joseph. Of course, I'm a married man, can't make out with JoJo...LOL. talk to ya later. xoxo