Friday, January 26, 2007

HOPE?


I have a question...
What do you do to get your "hope" back? I realized before I started this post that my last couple of ones have been a little on the depressing/down side. So I wanted to post about something that was more cheerful and positive. So I was thinking about the things that are missing in my life and I came up with...Hope.
Yes, yours truly has been through the ringer lately. I am bored with my job. My family seems to be distant(not really, just in my mind). And "the guy" that I was seeing just fell off the face of the earth. Yes, just fell off!
Mind you, I am generally a very hopeful person. Even in the darkest of times I can always hold on to my hope because that is what gets you through. Well, today it seems to be diminishing.
Damn, I was going to be positive...Sure sounds like it, doesn't it? LOL!!!
Lets see. Things that I know bring me Hope. Well, Life brings me hope. Just when you think things couldn't get any worse...Something truly amazing happens and it restores your sense of self. Sunshine brings Hope...It has rained the last 11 days here in Houston and I thought I was late this morning because it was so bright out. It turns out that it was just the sunrise. LOL!!! Its great to see the sun again. Friends bring Hope...I do cherish my friends. They are incredible and I am blessed to have them. They are amazing. If they had any clue that I was going through a rough patch they would be over to take me to dinner and cheer me up in a heart beat (I am very private, BTW). My love for Art brings me Hope...When I see an amazing painting or exhibit...It makes my creative juices flow and I start to think all things are possible. God brings me Hope too...I haven't done a devotion or meditated in a while. I need to get myself centered. Recharged. I also believe in Love...Not so much right now...But, yes. Love brings me Hope. It makes me feel alive. It challenges me. I step out of my comfort zone when in love and I learn more about myself.

So. Tonight, my friends are getting together for cocktails. Tomorrow, I am going to the Museum of Modern Art. And, Saturday night I am going to the country/western bar (NO, I am not into C/W music...Hot men go there). Sunday is brunch. So yes, things are on the up and up. Life is good (sorta). I am single with the whole world to see.

I HOPE everyone has a great weekend. DO something for yourselves. Enjoy Life!
Until Next Time...

1 comment:

Doug said...

I know this is a few days late, but I hope you had a great weekend and it helped to restore your hope.

You listed my biggie: friends. Every time I get together with friends, I feel better.