Sunday, November 05, 2006

AFTERNOONS...


OK, it's Sunday afternoon, the rain is falling and I feel a little blue. I have been cleaning up around here and I ran across some old photo's and cards. I guess whats sad about it all is that most of the cards brought back a flood of memories, not all of them good. They are from a time long ago and are from friends that have "wrote me off" because I was gay. I wouldnt change anything about the journey I have been on or the path that my life has taken...its just hard sometimes to face the fact that some people cannot accept you as you are. It is really sad to think of the good times that we had. All of the bonding. Fights. Laughs Cries. Its just sad. I thought that my friends and I would be close for ever. WE shared so much with one another and I guess it was just too much for them to handle. I dont usually go down "memory lane" but it just sorta happened. I will put the cards in a box and store them away. I should just throw them out...but I want to keep them. They remind me of the past and what a diffrent person I was. A man that was hiding. Lying to myself. Weak and vulnerable.
I have made major strides to embrace the man I have become. I feel complete and strong. I stand on my own and my head is held high.
Not sure why I felt like posting about this...its just where I am today, mentally speaking.
So, here is a toast to the PAST...PRESENT...and most of all, THE FUTURE!
CHEERS!!!
Until Next Time...

1 comment:

Doug said...

Nice post. I'm glad you shared it.

There are a couple people from my past and present who I have not come out to for fear of losing them as "friends." I know, what kind of friends are they if they don't accept me, but I haven't mustered the courage yet to take that step.

I probably wouldn't throw the cards away, either. And you may have been vulnerable, but I doubt you were weak. I doubt any of us really is. We're all doing our best, and that's all anyone can expect.

Here's to you.

*hugs*