Wednesday, November 08, 2006

MY MUSIC FOR THE WEEK...


OK, I dont normally suggest music for people to listen to. That is such a unique thing for everyone. But, Jeff Buckley is a guy that I have been listening to lately. The power and emotion in his voice is beautiful and tragic all at the same time. If you have never heard him...please check him out. I posted the lyrics to his songs "Last Goodbye"..."So Real". Amazing! Just check him out and let me know what you think.

"SO REAL"

Love, let me sleep tonight on you couch
And remember the smell of the fabric
Of your simple city dress

Oh... that was so real

We walked around til the moon got full like a plate
The wind blew an invocation and I fell asleep at the gate
And I never stepped on the cracks cause I thought Id hurt my mother
And I couldnt awake from the nightmare that sucked me in and pulled me under
Pulled me under

Oh... that was so real

I love you, but Im afraid to love you
I love you, but Im afraid to love you


"Last Goodbye"

This is our last goodbye
I hate to feel the love between us die
But it's over
Just hear this and then i'll go
You gave me more to live for
More than you'll ever know

This is our last embrace
Must I dream and always see your face
Why can't we overcome this wall
Well, maybe it's just because i didn't know you at all

Kiss me, please kiss me
But kiss me out of desire, babe, and not consolation
You know it makes me so angry 'cause i know that in time
I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye

Did you say 'no, this can't happen to me,'
And did you rush to the phone to call
Was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind
Saying maybe you didn't know him at all
You didn't know him at all, oh, you didn't know

Well, the bells out in the church tower chime



Well, I didnt have much to post about today. Well actually I did, just didnt feel like doing it. Tell you about it tomorrow.
Until Next Time...

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I'll have to try to check him out.

Oh yeah, and thanks again for the email.

Mikey said...

I will have to check him out!!! Like the lyrics