Monday, November 20, 2006


CHICAGO!


Yes, I have been in Chicago for the last 8 days! I was there for work and I have to tell you...I love that city. It was freezing cold for this southern boy but I did love it. Of course the vain side of me hates all of the layers because you can end up looking about the size of a small house...LOL!

Anyway
It was a great deal of work, nearly 70 hours to be exact. But, I was with friends from all over the country and that is always nice.
It is weird to come back though and the Holiday season is here. It is very weird to be seeing Christmas commercials already. UUGGHHHHH!!! I swear this time of year comes faster and faster every year. And, every year I tell myself that this year will be different. I will have all of my "ducks in a row" as my brother used to say. Of course, everything is in order...there are just certain things in life that would be nice to have. I would really like to have a man to share my life with. I know that it wouldnt complete me...I feel complete already. It would be nice to have that special someone to come home to after a long day and just snuggle on the couch on cold nights like tonight. Please dont mis-understand...I am very blessed. I have a wonderful life and I have very little to complain about. I am very grateful for everything that I have and I am trying to spend this week giving "Thanks" for the many blessings.

So, be prepared...the next couple of post will be about me giving thanks for the things and people in my life.

Have a great week everyone.
Until Next Time...

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I understand. Just the comfort of having someone hold you can make all the difference in the world.

Here's to finding a great set of arms to snuggle in.

Kevin said...

Oh, and nice pic, even with the layers.

Mikey said...

I understand what you are saying. The touch of someone is a wonderful thing